The skills and knowledge needed to operate hand and power tools in the resources and infrastructure sectors are described in this unit (RIISAM203E). It is applicable to people who work in operational positions. They usually work under supervision and are responsible for the quality of their own work results while performing a prescribed set of functions involving well-known routines and procedures.
Qualification Structure and Content
This hand and power tools Nationally Recognised training will provide new construction workers knowledge of:
- key policies, procedures and documentation required to use hand and power tools
- equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- energy and power sources
- use of industry and worksite terminology
As part of the course you will learn how to use a range of hand and power tools on at least two occasions, including:
- selecting and checking hand tools and power tools for serviceability
- clamping or fixing material
- ensuring power leads and cords are safely placed
- using hand and power tools appropriately for the job activity
- storing the hand and power tools appropriately when not in use
- clearing the work area
- cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Plan and prepare to use hand and power tools
- Select and use hand tools
- Select and use power tools
- Conduct housekeeping activities
YRT recognises that training should be tailored to each client’s specific business goals. As a result, YRT can tailor the optional units of competency to the cohort’s unique industry needs. The length of time it takes to complete the qualification may differ as a result of customization.
Students that successfully complete all theory and practical assesments in the course structure will be issued with a
- a Statement of Attainment, nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework
This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Fee for Service Information
Total Course Fee
Fees are not levied for credit transfer applications or transition for superseded qualifications.
YRT reserves the right for potential fees to change during the course of study and will provide advice to students in advance.