CONSTRUCTION TRAINING FUND (WA)
Construction Training Fund (CTF) supports a skilled, safe and sustainable workforce in building and construction across Western Australia. CTF and Yalagan Registered Training work together to help build career pathways for businesses and individuals expanding the expertise of all workers within the Construction sector.
CTF in conjunction with YRT supports construction industry workers, and students by providing subsidies for upskilling and training courses and recognition of prior learning (RPL). It is CTF’s mission to;
- ✓ Reduce what you pay by subsidising part of your training costs
- ✓ Support your unique training and skills needs
- ✓ Help you through the claiming process
Yalagan Registered Training – Try-a-Trade Program with CTF
The Try-a-Trade program in conjunction with CTF allows Yalagan Registered Training participants to try different trades, find the right career path and learn critical skills needed for the job.
Participants gain real-world experience through practical activities led by an experienced professional. Each Try-A-Trade course runs for up to three days and focuses on two to three trades.
Once completed, participants will have gained a greater understanding of the necessary skills to start a career in construction. Yalagan Registered Training Advisors and Mentors are available to help answer any students’ questions and outline the next steps for education and career opportunities.
Funding Eligibility – Individuals and Industry Workers
Eligibility for Construction Training Fund Direct Indenture Grants, Supplementary Skills/OH&S Program subsidies and additional benefits is dependent on an individual’s or company’s ability to demonstrate primary and substantial direct involvement in Western Australia’s construction industry, specifically in on-site construction, installation and fabrication activity.
- Financial rebate is eligible for successful students/applicants who meet the CTF requirements.
- Interested students/applicants will need to fill out CTF Application Form and pay the “Gap Payment” prior to booking a course with us.
Funding Eligibility – Schools and Students
How to Apply:
Individuals and Schools can apply for CTF subsidy by submitting an application from with Yalagan Registered Training. Once submitted your application will be assessed against the eligibility criteria and the applicant will be notified of the assessment within 2 business days from date of submission.
- Prior to making a booking with YRT you will need to fill out an Application Form for an Eligibility Check
- Once reviewed, CTF will notify you if you are eligible or not
- Once notified and deemed eligible you will then make the gap payment to secure your booking.
Schools can Register their Interest Below:
- Select your Program
- Select your Provider; ensure that you include Yalagan Registered Training as your provider if you would like to train with us
- Completely free of charge but held at our RTO facility based in Welshpool WA
Register your interest here
Try-A-Trade courses are offered in a range of trade areas with a particular focus on areas where there is high demand and skills shortages.
Try-a-Trades offered through Yalagan Registered Training include.
- Introduction to the civil construction industry
- Access and apply safety processes
- Apply personal safety measures
- Radio protocols
- Plan and prepare for use of hand and power tools
- Use tools safety
- Access and install safety equipment
- MTT practical
- Group and program review
- Dingo Mini loader Practical
|Estimating and Scheduling
- Introduction to estimating
- Understanding blueprints
- Estimating costs
- Estimating software
- Introduction to scheduling
- Planning and sequencing
- Scheduling software
- Wrap up and reflections
- Railway industry introduction
- Railway radio protocols
- Rail infrastructure train operations and simulator program
- Final wrap up and reflections
For more information on the kind of course content that each of our Try-a-Trade programs offer please download and review the below Program Summary sheets, for any additional questions please contact our RTO Coordinator using the below form.
Download our Civil Construction Program Summary (HERE)
Download our Estimating and Scheduling Program Summary (HERE)
Download our Rail Infrastructure Program Summary (HERE)
Want to know more?
Tell us below how we can help you