CPCCLRG3002 – Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
Now that you have earned your licence to perform basic rigging work, why stop there? Upgrade your rigging skills and move up your career ladder with YRT’s intermediate rigging course. With training sessions located in Sydney and completed in as quick as a week, you’ll be returning to worksite ready to take on more responsibilities and more challenging tasks.
Intermediate Rigging Course Content
This course specifies the outcomes required to perform rigging work at the intermediate level, which includes all the outcomes for rigging work at the basic level, and also includes rigging of cranes, rigging of conveyors, rigging of dredges and excavators, rigging associated with tilt slabs, rigging associated with demolition work, and dual lifts for licensing purposes
A person who demonstrates competency in this unit must be able to provide evidence of the ability to:
- comply with OHS/WHS licensing legislation.
- effectively communicate and work safely with others in the work area.
- effectively conduct risk assessment and management procedures.
- effectively complete the following tasks:
- adding and removing a tower crane section, or
- adding and removing a crane lattice boom section, or
- erecting a non-guyed tower (e.g. light tower, and
- perform a multiple crane lift, or
- a multiple winch lift, or
- a combination of a crane and winch lift, and
- lifting and installing a series of tilt-up panels, or
- lifting and installing a series of scenery panels (i.e. entertainment industry), and
- demolish/remove a series of tilt-up panel structures, or
- demolish/remove a series of scenery panel structures, and
- demolishing a concrete encased structural steel column and beam.
- NB : All specifications for these performance tasks are detailed in the endorsed assessment instrument.
- effectively conduct pre and post operational checks of intermediate rigging equipment.
Rigging Course Prerequisites In Sydney
- This unit has a pre-requisite requirement. This requirement may be met by either the successful completion of the unit CPCCLRG3001A Licence to perform rigging basic level or holding a valid licence for basic rigging.
- Ability to understand and write English.
- 18 years of age
- Participants must provide their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including safety boots, hard hat and a high visibility vest.
Participants must wear correct safety clothing which includes: trousers, long sleeved shirt, safety boots, gloves, glasses, and helmet.
Upcoming Course Dates
Already earned your rigger ticket? Consider upgrading your skills with our elevated work platform courses in Sydney. Contact us to learn more today!