BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
YRT’s BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management is a nationally recognised business qualification designed to help plan, execute and evaluate your own work and the work of your team.
Exploring the critical capabilities that make a successful and effectivemanager, this program is divided into three distinct sections that cover the management of people, business, and performance.
The BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management is a widely focused course, especially suited to those wishing to upskill in a number of leadership and management areas. It is designed specifically for supervisors or middle managers that have responsibility for a team of people, as well as those who participate in operational planning and are involved in change management.
Units of Competency
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence – present persuasively, negotiate effectively and lead productive meetings.
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others – identify critical and creative thinking concepts and approaches, and their application to a workplace context, facilitate relevant learning opportunities for others, and monitor team skill development.
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships – establish consultation and communication processes to recognise and support diverse workplace relationships.
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans – develop and implement an operational plan using a variety of information sources and consultation, communicate with stakeholders to explain the plan, and seek approvals, negotiate variations and engage work teams.
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence – increase self-awareness, improve relationship management and promote emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness – model desired behaviour and practices, communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders about team performance plans and team performance, and evaluate and take necessary corrective action regarding unresolved issues, concerns and problems.
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts – generate potential innovative solutions to identified issues, evaluate viability of ideas, present ideas and information to others, and refine chosen solution in response to feedback.
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance – develop workplans and performance indicators, monitor and assess team and individual performance, provide coaching and support, recognise excellence and ensure the achievement of performance standards.
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development – develop personal work goals, plans and activities to meet work goals, measure personal work performance, including assessing competency against competency standards, and participate in development activities to develop professional competence.
- BSBSTR501 Establish innovative work environments – establish procedures and practices that foster innovation in areas of work practice, reinforce the value of innovation to the vision and objectives of the organisation, and support innovation and collaboration of ideas to make improvements.
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement – develop systems and processes to enable continuous improvement through effective coaching and knowledge management practices.
- BSBTWK501 Lead diversity and inclusion – implement strategies to improve awareness of challenges experienced by individuals from diverse groups in the work team, follow procedures for handling complaints or harassment allegations, and promote the benefits of diversity to others both internally and externally.
- 18 years +
- education level minimum year 12 or Certificate IV
- work experience and access to workplace
- technologically literate with English proficiency
Structure: 12 Units
Delivery Mode: Online