Find out if you’re eligible for Smart & Skilled Today!
- Aged 15 years or older – Y or N
- Live or work in New South Wales permanent – Y or N
- Have left school – Y or N
- Are an Australian citizen, resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen – Y or N
If you answered yes to all questions above but are still unsure of your Eligibility go to the Smart and Skilled training website and complete their Eligibility Quick Check
Types of courses you’re eligible for
Your eligibility for a government-subsidised Smart and Skilled course through YRT depends on your previous qualifications:
- Recent changes to Smart and Skilled requirements means that even if you have a higher level qualification you may still be eligible to re-train up to Certificate III level to enter (or re-enter) the workforce.
- Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level, depending on the availability of funding for these courses, may also be eligible for subsidised training.
- In addition, some new-entrant trainees and NSW apprentices may be eligible for a training government subsidy if it supports their apprenticeship or traineeship.
How do I enrol in a Smart and Skilled funded course?
Step One: Check whether you may be eligible for government-subsidised training by completing our Eligibility Quick Check form
Step Two: Smart & Skilled Training Consultants will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and the courses available to you.
Step Three: If eligible, you will be required to complete a quick enrolment form which Yalagan Registered Training (YRT) will provide.
*funding availability disclosure*
Availability of Smart and Skilled Funding is dependent on the Financial Funding Cap of YRT, if the Cap has been reached you will be placed on a waiting list for when further funding becomes available.