What is Smart and Skilled Funding?
Smart and Skilled is a New South Wales (NSW) government funding incentive for those trying to gain new skills needed to find a job or advance their careers.
How much do I pay on a YRT Smart and Skilled course?
Any eligible YRT Smart and Skilled students the course is subsidised to a maximum of 100%. Each government-subsidised qualification has a fixed qualification price, a government subsidy and a student fee, which is determined by the NSW Government.
Smart and Skilled student fees are for the whole qualification. Which means you’ll know, upfront, the total cost of the training. To make it even more flexible, we have also made payment plans available for all students. The exact fee a student pays will largely depend on their eligibility. To find out course costs please complete the form on the Smart & Skilled website here or call 1300 798 012 and speak to one of our Education Consultants.
For more information head to The NSW Smart and Skilled FAQ page
Why Upskill With YRT?
Yalagan Registered Training (YRT) is an industry leading RTO we provide dynamic training in and around NSW across areas such as; leadership, construction and rail. We are proudly 100% Indigenous owned and operated and offer the following capabilities to all our clients.
- 17-year history of delivering training across NSW
- Experts in High-Risk Work Licenses
- Extensive Part and Single Units availability under Smart & Skilled Contract
- 100% Subsidised Government funded training available
- You’ll get a dedicated trainer for the entire course. In addition, there is a support staff team that are available to assist throughout your course.
Yalagan Registered Training (YRT) as a Government funded training provider can, with the assistance of Smart & Skilled offer our NSW Residents either FULL QUALIFICATIONS, traineeship & Apprenticeship or A SINGLE UNIT OF competncy.
Am I eligible for smart and skilled funding?*
- 15 years old or over?
- No longer at school?
- Living or working in NSW?
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all four questions, then you’re eligible to enrol in a smart and skilled funded training with YRT.
This can be:
- Full qualification
- Part qualification
- Negotiated training with employer
Am I eligible for traineeship & Apprenticeship?*
Fee-Free traineeships are available for NSW New Entrant trainees & to apprentices and have commenced your Smart and Skilled traineeship training after 1 January 2020. To be eligible for Smart and Skilled T &A, students MUST be:
- 15 years old or over
- No longer at school
- Living or working in NSW
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- Employees of any age with less than three months full-time service with the current employer or twelve months part-time service.
* This is not a guarantee of your eligibility. Your Smart and Skilled eligibility will be confirmed during the enrolment process.